Instead of reaching into a bag of potato chips containing saturated fats and high calories, you can make an alternative, healthier version of chips right in your kitchen! With a simple flour, egg, and Panko-Parmesan coating, these zucchini crisps only take about 15 minutes to put together. You can also deep fry them to absolute crisp perfection with your own preference. When ready to serve, feel free to dip these delicious crisps into your favorite kind of dipping sauce like ranch or marinara sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko (a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchinis thinly sliced to 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine panko and parmesan and then set it aside.
3. Working in batches, dredge zucchini rounds in flour, dip into eggs, and then dredge in the panko mixture, pressing to coat.
4. Add zucchini rounds to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy for about 1 minute on each side.
5. Carefully transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Tastes best when served immediately.