After nine months of quarantine, many students find themselves mindlessly bored, as they are cooped up in their homes. Luckily, there are still plenty of safe outdoor activities one can tackle head-on, as long as one adheres to social distancing guidelines.
- Drive-in movie theaters: For those missing the movie theater experience, one can attend a drive-in movie theater. While they ran out of style in the 1960s, some in and around Los Angeles remain open for people to park their cars and enjoy the outdoor movie projection.
- Picnics: Host a fun picnic in the park, but be sure to stay alert of social distancing measures. Feel free to invite friends or relatives to sit on the grass or a bench and chat while eating delicious food.
- Walking/jogging: Take a pleasant stroll down the neighborhood or in the park. Quarantine has dragged on for almost a year now, so seize the opportunity to take in all the fresh air.
- Bicycling: Want to exercise and enjoy the outdoor view? Hop onto a bicycle, and bike around the neighborhood. Best of all, one does not need to worry about social distancing, as bicycling is a solo activity that does not involve staying in one spot for too long.
- Socially-distanced sports: Any sport that involves distance between players, such as golf or tennis, is safe to play during the pandemic. If one is bored and in the mood for sports, head to the nearest tennis court, golf course, or swimming pool, assuming they are not packed with people.
- Shopping: Taking a trip to the store, whether to grocery shop or just for fun, can serve as a much-needed break from sitting and staring at an electronic screen for hours. Be sure to wear a mask while strolling down the shopping aisles, and maintain a safe distance from other customers.