Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and an entire roasted turkey is a staple dish in most households. Acquiring and preparing an entire turkey can be difficult, but cooking a boneless turkey roast as an alternative yields the same delicious results with relative ease.
Ingredients: (6 servings)
- Packaged 3 lb. turkey roast from frozen aisle (dark and white meat, boneless)
- 10-15 cloves of garlic
- Fresh Sage
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Rosemary
- Thaw turkey roast if frozen.
- Make deep cuts in roast or butterfly with a paring knife.
- Butterfly the roast by making cuts in the center and laying out the meat into an even thickness throughout.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crush garlic, and remove thyme and rosemary leaves.
- Make rub by combining garlic, thyme leaves, rosemary leaves, sage leaves, and salt to taste.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Apply rub around the entire roast and inside incisions if not butterflied.
- Place roast on rack and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve alone or with any desired dishes.