Love is in the air, and so is baking. Show your appreciation and affection for your loved ones with this quick and simple recipe for strawberry love notes. As a bonus, it is also the perfect way to test your baking skills.
- Two refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Egg wash
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crusts. Cut out six large diamonds and six small heart-shaped crusts.
- Place a small spoonful of strawberry jam on the center of each diamond.
- Fold three corners to the middle to create an envelope shape, and place the heart on top of where the three corners meet.
- Transfer the envelopes to the baking sheet. Brush the envelopes with egg wash, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes.