Nothing says delicious like sweets and fruit. This simple recipe for frozen banana pops takes the best of both worlds and ties it all into a frozen treat that both kids and adults are sure to love!
Ingredients for one serving (eight pops):
– 4 bananas
– 8 popsicle sticks
– 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 1/2 cup sprinkles and/or nuts
– Whipped cream
– 8 maraschino cherries
1) Grab one or two plates.
2) Peel the banana, and cut it in half. Insert a popsicle stick halfway into each banana piece and place it on the plate(s). Freeze for two hours.
3) Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl, and microwave in 30-second intervals while stirring in between until completely melted.
4) Pour sprinkles and/or nuts into a separate bowl(s).
5) Dip the top of each frozen banana in chocolate, then roll the melted chocolate tip around in sprinkles and/or nuts. Place each banana back onto the plate(s) and freeze until the chocolate is firm (about 15 minutes).
6) Top each pop with whipped cream and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
*Measurements are subject to change based on personal preference