Ever find overripe bananas and do not want to eat it? This is a perfect ingredient for banana bread, a type of bread with moist cake-like texture made from mashed bananas. It is a very simple recipe that can be done within 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ⅓ cups mashed overripe
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the dry ingredients– flour, baking soda, and salt– in a large bowl.
- Mix cream with butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl. Then add in eggs and mashed bananas, stir until well blended.
- Add banana mixture into dry mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 60 to 65 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf to check if it is fully cooked. If it comes out clean, take the loaf out of the oven.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
This recipe is inspired by Shelley Albeluhn from Allrecipes.