At family gatherings you may me required to bring in food and partake in the potluck. You think about what to bring, and ponder the idea of a dessert. Perhaps an uncommon, sweet dessert. Meringue cookies require only a few ingredients, and a few hours to bake.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Mix egg whites until they are stiff. If doing this by hand, it will take a while.
- Once the egg whites are mixed, add some of the sugar, mix, and repeat this until you have no more sugar.
- When all the sugar is mixed in, add in your last ingredient, vanilla extract.
- Now put the Meringue into a piping bag. (If you do not have a piping bag, you can substitute that with a zip loc bag and cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag after the Meringue is inside.)
- Turn on the oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- After you have turned on the oven, squeeze the Meringue that is inside the piping bag onto a baking sheet. they should be about three inches wide. Make sure the Meringues are spaced apart by approximately two inches.
- Place them into the over for 45 minutes.
- After the 45 minutes have passed, leave the Meringue cookies inside the oven for another hour, or until it is fully cooled.