Spam musubi is a snack and lunch food that is popular in Hawaii. Spam musubi is easy to make and is also very delicious. By taking one bite, you have a mixture of rice, spam, nori, and teriyaki sauce. There are many different ways of making spam musubi. With just a few ingredients you can make your own spam musubi at home.
-Spam musubi mold (can be found at Daiso)
- Make rice using a rice cooker.
- Prepare your garlic, ginger, spam by cutting it into pieces.
- Using a pan, cook the spam with a little bit of oil.
- In a pot, pour some soy sauce in and toss the garlic and ginger in. Heat the mixture until it comes to a boil. Put some sugar into the mixture and let it thicken.
- Once the rice and the sauce cools, take the spam musubi mold and put it on top of a nori. Then put in a piece of spam. To finish off the layers, spread some sauce and add more rice. Make sure to press the rice and spam together with the spam musubi mold. Take the spam musubi mold out and wrap the seaweed around it.
The teriyaki sauce will offer a sweet taste. Some stores sell teriyaki flavored spam and you can use that to replace both the spam and the sauce. You are more than welcome to add or take out any ingredients.