During the holidays, family gatherings can be quite hectic and overwhelming for those that are swamped with work. This peppermint bark recipe looks extremely festive and is perfect for anyone in a rush or simply too lazy to make a complicated dish. There are very few ingredients, making it an incredibly easy dessert to throw together last minute. However, this means it is best to use quality chocolate to ensure that the peppermint bark tastes its best. Some of the best brands include Ghirardelli, Lindt, and Baker’s.
3 regular sized candy canes, crushed
12 ounces of white chocolate
12 ounces of dark chocolate
1. Line a 9×12 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave in short bursts or using the double boiler method, until you have a smooth consistency.
3. Pour the melted dark chocolate into the pan and spread it out until it is ⅓” thick.
4. Melt the white chocolate using the same steps as above.
5. After it is melted, pour it onto the dark chocolate, making sure it is the same about the same thickness. (Try to do this while the white chocolate is still soft; the layers could separate if the white chocolate has already hardened.)
6. Let the chocolates harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours then break into pieces. Keep them stored in a refrigerator in areas with a humid climate.